About This Event
In response to the current COVID-19 pandemic, Legionella Conference organizers NSF and the National Environmental Health Association have added a virtual special session, which will take place March 9 – 10, 2021. This two-day session centers on how industries and organizations such as health care, water utilities, manufacturing, cultural institutions and hospitality, as well as health departments and regulators, can better respond to water-related challenges during a pandemic or major health crisis.
Prolonged closures or low occupancies of industrial, commercial, educational and other types of facilities increase the risk of pathogen growth such as Legionella within building water systems. This conference special session will provide an opportunity to discuss how we can work together to develop emergency plans and adapt water safety practices to prevent further public health hazards.
Join the conversation on how to approach water safety and emergency planning during an emergent health crisis. Important topics include:
- Water management in health care, hospitality, commercial and industrial facilities during a health crisis
- Sampling strategies for Legionella during and after a shutdown
- Conducting and responding to investigations following an extended shutdown
- Design, commissioning, construction and renovation to prevent biofilm growth and other hazardous conditions
- Safe reopening of buildings and state-issued COVID-19 guidance related to water management
- Resiliency strategies for returning to normal operation, emergency planning and risk management
- Case studies regarding use of water treatment and processing technologies
The conference will include panel discussions, case study reviews and highlights of new technology.
Sample Justification Letter
Need help demonstrating the value of attending the conference to your supervisor? Download our sample letter, which provides details of the conference plus space for you to add your personal goals for the event.
NEHA CE Credits
Need NEHA continuing education (CE) credits? We have you covered! Eligible attendees can earn 18 CE credits by attending the event.
How to Claim Your CE Credits: